Thursday, January 20, 2011

My very first post!

Hi! This is my very first blog post and I am alittle nervous :) I have been reading and enjoying blogs for years and have always wanted to have my own. I am 40 years old, have 3 children and work full time. I love to decorate and have been decorating in a country style ever since I've lived on my own. I love country and have been incorporating more prim items into the mix. We have been house hunting for awhile and recently moved into a 2300 sq foot townhome. We are considering buying it but we are weighing the pros and cons of townhouse living. Anyway, until that happens I have to settle with white walls except a few accent walls. So for my first post, I did a small project I saw over at Michelle's Country Corner. She has some awesome decorating ideas that are unique and budget friendly.
I had purchased this toolbox/ tote thingy at a craft mall a couple weeks ago and wasnt quite sure what I was going to do with it. It was only $5, so for that price I knew I would find a home for it. I was going to set a box of tissues in it and use it in my guest bath, the box fits in there perfectly but I watched Michelle's video and decided to try out her idea. So I hot glued a battery operated candle to the middle of the tote, arranged some berries I had on hand around it, and put a small strand of berries on the handle. I also glued a rusty star on the handle as well. Here is the finished project.

Im very pleased with it, I'm really not that crafty but it's a start!!
Take care!

~Krystal

5 comments:

  1. Looks great I love the color of the candle. The star looks really good also. I think I might add one to mine. Looking forward to seeing your blog grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Michelle :) Im really happy with it thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Looks great on your table. Looking forward to more redos.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love to re-purpose items! Welcome to the blog world ~ it can be very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great welcome to blog land it is very addicting I am so bad I blog and then leave mine unattended!!!

    ReplyDelete